Welcome to Grade 4
Ms. Krewson, Ms. Ginn, Ms. Beaulieu, and Mr. Lewchik have an exciting
fourth grade learning experience planned for the 2016-2017 school year!
Click here to learn about Grade 4 Expectations and how you can help your child learn!
In English Language Arts we :
- Describe the basic elements of stories – such as characters, events, and settings, - by drawing on specific details in the text
- Identify key features of informational text including main and supporting ideas and comparing and contrasting information
- Compare ideas, characters, events, and settings
- Write summaries or opinions about topics
- Conduct short research projects using various resources
In Math we:
- Use whole number arithmetic to solve real world problems
- Add and subtract whole numbers through one million
- Multiply and divide multi-digit numbers
- Use a variety of strategies in computation
- Understand and apply basic fraction and decimal concepts and operations
Our new STEM teacher, Ms. DeSantis, will be exploring various topics in science through hands on experiments and students led conversations and discoveries. It’s always exciting to find out who will be our next “Scientist of the Day”. Her website can be found at this link.
Through our new social thinking program, students will understand how their words and actions affect others and use strategies that promote positive interactions and an overall positive climate within their classroom and school.
Grade 4 Classroom Snapshot
Fourth grade students take part in discussion circles as part of the beginning of the year class building and team building opportunities. As students get to know each other through these activities, they bond and begin to appreciate their differences as well as the gifts they offer the class.