20 Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is my student eligible for Head Start?
To be eligible, your student must:
Please note that the pupil integrated services program is not income based.
2. Is there a fee?
Head Start is a free program for eligible families.
The Early Education program has a different fee schedule, and payment must be made in full to Central Office prior to the start of school.
3. What day does school start?
School starts on September 12, 2018.
4. What are other preschool program options available if I'm not eligible for Head Start?
- Please call 211 (Infoline)
5. What should I bring to Head Start for registration after submitting my Infosnap application?
- Original birth certificate
- Proof of residency (lease/mortgage and two utility bills)
- Proof of income
- Photo ID
- Health Assessment Form & Dental Form
6. When can I walk in to register for Head Start?
After you complete the Infosnap application, you can call (860) 647-3502 to schedule an appointment or walk-in during at the following dates and times:
April 10, 2018 – June 26, 2018, Monday – Fridays: 9 am - 1 pm
July 9 – August 9, 2018, Monday – Thursdays: 9 am – 1 pm
7. When will I be notified of acceptance?
Notification of acceptance varies based on how many returning students are enrolled for the following school year. Please call Ruby at 860.647.5004 with specific questions.
8. What are the hours for Head Start?
Monday – Thursdays: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm (Doors open at 8:25 am)
Fridays: 8:30 am – 11:00 am
9. What time does school start if there is a 90-min. delay? What time will the bus come if there is a 90-min delay?
School begins at 10AM.
The bus will arrive ninety minutes later than it usually does. Add 1.5 hours to your normal bus pick-up time.
10. What time does school close if there is an early dismissal?
During an early dismissal, school closes at 11AM.
11. What is the phone number for the bus company?
The bus company is DATTCO and can be reached at (860) 288-1000. Press #1 for dispatch for any questions.
12. What should I do if someone new will be picking up my student from school?
Please notify the front desk at (860-647-3502) and let the new person know to bring a photo ID to pick-up.
13. What do I do if someone new will be getting my student off the bus?
Please notify the front desk at (860-647-3502) prior to 2:00 p.m. so the bus monitor can be notified before the buses dismiss, and let the new person know to bring photo ID to the bus stop.
14. Where is the school located? What is your fax number?
Manchester Preschool Center is located at 60 Washington Street, Manchester, CT 06042. The parking lot entrance is on Hollister Street.
15. How can I reach the school nurse?
Please call 860.647.5003 to speak to Nurse Kathryn Pennington.
16. What programs are located at MPC?
Head Start and Education Services at located in-house at MPC.
17. Does my child need to be potty trained?
While potty training is encouraged, it is not a requirement.
18. Is transportation provided?
Yes, often Head Start can work with parents to provide bus transportation.
19. What is the difference between Head Start and the Pupil integrated Services program?
Please see the Early Education Services tab of the website.
20. Do I need to register my child for Kindergarten?
No, once the child is enrolled in the Head Start program he or she is automatically enrolled for Kindergarten at their home school.