Welcome to Grade 3
Grade 3 Teachers Ms. Daigle, Mrs. Medynski, and Miss Golino look forward to a great school year!
The 2016-2017 school year promises to be an exciting one for Waddell third graders!
Click here to learn about Grade 3 Expectations and how you can help your child learn!
Our students will continue to grow academically in these areas:
- In reading, they will become reading detectives as well as answer questions and repond to everything they are reading!
- In math, they will become experts at multiplication and division. They will use manipulatives to explore fractional parts. We will be using a new math program called Envisions. More details coming soon!
- In writing, they will create a nonfiction book, write their own narrative tale, and craft speeches to persuade an audience.
- In science, we welcome Miss DeSantis, Waddell's new Science/STEM teacher. She has already begun doing experiments with each class. Miss DeSantis has her own teacher website at this link.
- Social Thinking is a new program that will train students to be social thinkiers. They will learn to work together with their classmates.
Waddell Grade 3 students will also participate in several field trips which include the Recycling Center in Hartford, the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford, the West Hartford Science Center, the Connecticute State Capitol and the Connecticut Historical Society. They will take part in the Hartford Stage again. Wilma Unlimited is the book being used during each session. Waddell anticipates a date during the week of November 16th.
Third graders will also participate in a very special Author in Residence Program. Author JMonkeys will work with student groups as they write, illustrate, and PUBLISH a book that can be purchased on amazon.com! The books published by last year's third graders can be found at this link!