Grade 09 School Counseling Calendar
|Grade 09 School Counseling Calendar|
- Students and Parents are invited to participate in Freshman First Day.
- Freshman Parent Night/Open House
- Distriution of MHS Resource Brochure
- Become familiar with the requirements for graduation.
- Visit the Student Activities office, listen to the daily announcements, and visit MHS Redline to become familiar with clubs, organizations and activities at MHS.
- Meet with your counselor to discuss your transition to MHS.
- Individual conferences with counselors will continue.
- Students will complete an interest inventory with counselors.
- Individual meeting with your counselor to pick courses and academies for the next year
- Explore volunteer opportunities. Ask your counselor for suggestions or call local agencies.
- Inquire about summer school, enrichment courses, and special programs over the summer.
- Transition program: Getting ready for 10th grade (will continue into June)
Throughout the Year:
- Students and parents can schedule appointments with counselors.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in Developmental Guidance Lessons, focusing on Self Exploration.
- All students will be given the opportunity to complete an interest inventorty which will connect their interests and abilities with career choices.