Welcome to Grade 2!
Mrs. Doherty, Mrs. Casey, Ms. Dandeneau, and Ms. Mamaclay have a great 2016-2017 school year planned!
Click here to learn about Grade 2 Expectations and how you can help your child learn!
In Language Arts, our Grade 2 students are currently learning the parts of a text or story. Skills taught include:
- answering who, what, when, where, why, and how questions about stories
- the parts of a story: beginning, middle, and end
- point of view
- character uniqueness
- main ideas of our social studies and/or science texts
In Math, second graders are presently focussing on addition and subtraction. Skills taught include:
- adding and subtracting numbers up to 20 from memory
- adding or subracting 10 or 100 from a number
- counting within 1000
- skip counting by 5's, 10's, and 100's
- adding and subtracting two digit numbers
- writing equations to show addition of equal numbers
- solving one or two step word problems involving addition and subtraction
|Students collaborating in Mrs. Casey's room.|