20 Most Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is my student eligible for Head Start?
To be eligible, your student must:
- Have a birthday in 2013 or January – August of 2014
- Be a Manchester resident
- Qualify based on Income Guidelines
- Have completed an Infosnap application
Please note that the pupil integrated services program is not income based.
2. Is there a fee?
The weekly fee for Head Start is nine dollars ($9.00).
The Early Education program has a different fee schedule, and payment must be made in full to Central Office prior to the start of school.
3. What day does school start?
School starts September 1, 2016.
4. What are other preschool program options available if I'm not eligible for Head Start?
- Please call 211 (Infoline)
5. What should I bring to Head Start for registration after submitting my Infosnap application?
- Long form birth certificate
- Proof of residency (lease/mortgage and two utility bills)
- Proof of income
- Photo ID
6. When can I walk in to register for Head Start?
After you complete the Infosnap application (see above link) and have checked the eligibility guidelines above, you may call Nydia at 860.647.3502 to schedule a registration appointment.
7. When will I be notified of acceptance?
Notification of acceptance varies based on how many returning students are enrolled for the following school year. Please call Nydia at 860.647.5004 with specific questions.
8. What time does school start if there is a 90-min. delay?
School begins at 10AM.
9. What time will the bus come if there is a 90-min delay?
The bus will arrive ninety minutes later than it usually does. Add 1.5 hours to your normal bus pick-up time.
10. What time does school close if there is an early dismissal?
During an early dismissal, school closes at 11AM.
11. What is the phone number for the bus company?
The bus company can be reached at (860)643-2373.
12. What should I do if someone new will be picking up my student from school?
Please notify the front desk at (860-647-3502) and let the new person know to bring a photo ID to pick-up.
13. What do I do if someone new will be getting my student off the bus?
Please notify the front desk at (860-647-3502) prior to 2:00 p.m. so the bus monitor can be notified before the buses dismiss, and let the new person know to bring photo ID to the bus stop.
14. Where is the school located?
Manchester Preschool Center is located at 60 Washington Street, Manchester, CT 06042. The parking lot entrance is on Hollister Street.
What is your fax number?
15. How can I reach the school nurse?
Please call 860.647.5003.
16. What programs are located at MPC?
Head Start and Education Services at located in-house at MPC.
17. Does my child need to be potty trained?
While potty training is encouraged, it is not a requirement.
18. Is transportation provided?
Yes, often Head Start can work with parents to provide bus transportation.
19. What is the difference between Head Start and the Pupil integrated Services program?
Please see the Early Education Services tab of the website.
20. Do I need to register my child for Kindergarten?
No, once the child is enrolled in the Head Start program he or she is automatically enrolled for Kindergarten at their home school.