TEAM FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
See below for some of the FAQ's asked about TEAM:
Q.How do I create a profile?
A. If you go onto the Forms page on our site, there are directions on how to create your TEAM profile - you will need your EIN #, which is found at the top of your certification.
Q.I don't see my mentee on my dashboard. Why is that?
A. Chances are, your mentee hasn't created a TEAM profile yet. Encourage them to do so. Once a profile is created, and they are matched to you by the Office of Teaching & Learning on the CT TEAM site, they should appear. If they do not appear, please contact the Office of Teaching & Learning, and we will investigate why the mentee is not appearing.
Q. If I run into technical issues, who should I contact?
A. First contact the Office of Teaching & Learning to make sure everything is set up correctly. They will make corrections if there is an issue. If everything is set up correctly, then click on the "Contact Us" button at the top of the TEAM page. This will send an e-mail to the TEAM Technical group at the State of CT. They will be able to assist you further.
Q. How many contact hours are supposed to be logged? Who logs the meetings?
A. There should be 10 contact hours per module between mentor and mentee. If the mentee is doing 2 modules during the school year, there should be 20 hours total. Mentors are responsible for logging contact hours. Please note, if sufficient hours are not logged by the deadline, full payment will not be issued.
Q. Are there deadlines for reflection paper submission?
A. Yes. The district has set deadlines for having the module reflection papers submitted on the CT TEAM site. Those deadlines are given at the beginning of the school year, and are listed on the calendar on Manchester's TEAM Resource Page. For the 2015-2016 school year, the deadlines are January 15th for the first module and May 15th for the second module.
Q. How long will it be until I know if my reflection paper passed or not?
A. During the school year, the turnaround time is between 2 and 3 weeks, sometimes sooner. During the summer, the turnaround time is longer since the reviewers are not at their positions at schools.
Q. What are the deadlines for TEAM completion?
A.This all depends on your TEAM start date and how many modules you have to complete.
- Category 1 (5 modules) - The State of CT suggests this is completed within 2 years of your TEAM entry date, and you will have full mentor support. If there are unforseen circumstances, the State will allow you to go into a 3rd year.
- Category 2 (2 modules) - The State of CT suggests this is completed within 1 year of your TEAM entry date, and you will have full mentor support. If there are unforseen circumstances, the State will allow you to go into a 2nd year.
Q. What if I don't complete the TEAM process in the alloted time?
A. The State of CT has just released protocol on consequences for not completing TEAM within the allotted 3 years. According to the CSDE:
"The consequence of not meeting timelines for TEAM completion, results in the loss of the teacher's initial educator certificate and ineligibility for the provisional certificate. To regain eligibility for reissuance of the initial educator certificate, the teacher must fulfill the requirements of intervening study and experience, which includes:
A requirement for study and a reflection paper focused on Domain Six of the Common Core of Teaching: Professional Responsibility and Teacher Leadership and Connecticut's Code of Professional Responsibility for Teachers will be necessary to complete. Guidelines for the study and paper will be provided by the CSDE.
- A long term substitute position for 40 full-time consecutive working days in one position (in a public or a private school in CT) in a grade and content area appropriate to the certificate that the candidate wishes to have reissued;
- 250 volunteer hours within one school year (in a public or a private school in CT) in a grade and content area appropriate to the certificate that the candidate wishes to have reissued;
- Documentation by the district/school in which the individual completes the substitute teaching or volunteer experience that the person's performance is effective.
Upon attestation of successful teaching by the employing board of education or board of education providing for a teaching experience and a successful completion of study described above, an interview will be required with CSDE TEAM Consultant or TEAM RESC representative prior to recommendation for reissuance of the initial educator certificate.
In addition, teachers must take and meet standards on any new or regenerated tests (Praxis II, Foundations of Reading, etc) currently required for a teacher's endorsement area, that were not required at the time of the issuance of the teacher's original certificate."
Q. How will I know that I have completed TEAM? Will the state send me something?
A. You will receive an e-mail from the Office of Teaching & Learning once they have received notification that you have completed the TEAM process.